Introduction to Programming with Fortran (3rd Edition)
By Ian Chivers and Jane Sleightholme (2015)
3rd Edition, Springer
Buy on Amazon (2nd Edition, 1st Edition)
Introduction to Programming with Fortran will appeal to the complete beginner, existing Fortran programmers wishing to update their code and those with programming experience in other languages. Coverage of Fortran 90, 95, 2003, 2008 and 77.
In response to feedback from course delegates this third edition has been revised throughout. It expands on the second edition with new and updated examples in the chapters on arithmetic, I/O, character data, modules, data structuring and generic programming with minor updates to the rest of the chapters.
- lots of clear, simple examples highlighting the core language features of modern Fortran including data typing, array processing, control structures, functions, subroutines, modules, user defined types, pointers, operator overloading, generic programming, object oriented programming and parallel programming
- pinpoints common problems that occur when programming
- illustrates the use of several compilers
- with better standards conformance in compilers there are new examples illustrating the following major features:
- C Interop
- IEEE arithmetic
- parameterised derived types